- This event has passed.
[Webinar] LGBTQ+ Workers, COVID-19, and Unemployment Benefits
June 2 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
This webinar is for any LGBTQ+ worker whose job has been impacted by COVID-19 and seeks information about unemployment benefits. Join us if you work for a private business, you are an independent contractor, or you are not sure if your employment is eligible for benefits. We will cover how to access benefits if:
- you have experienced job loss or a reduction in hours;
- your benefits have been affected because of a name/gender mismatch;
- you have experienced anti-LGBTQ+ discrimination or illegal behavior and are not sure you can continue working;
- you worked as a legal sex worker or adult entertainer and are not sure if you are eligible for benefits; or
- you have been unable to access unemployment due to a prior overpayment.
Speakers from the Unemployment Law Project, QLaw Association, LGBTQ+ Legal Clinic, and Ingersoll Gender Center will answer questions about eligibility for state unemployment insurance benefits, expanded eligibility under the CARES Act, how to navigate common application problems, and what to do if your application has been denied.
Please register here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_A0sZ_eBmTjyX3N2I0e2lAA