Appealing a Commissioner’s Decision

Appealing a Commissioner’s Decision

How do I appeal the Commissioner’s decision to Superior Court?

After writing a Petition for Review of the hearing decision, you will receive a Commissioner’s Order from the Commissioner’s Review Office. If you lose, then you can file an appeal (called a Petition for Judicial Review) in a state Superior Court. Very precise rules apply in appealing a case to Superior Court appeal, so we urge you to read, and download if you wish, this guide.

The Petition for Judicial Review guide is also available in Spanish here.

Questions about appealing an ESD decision? Click here.

Questions about appealing a hearing decision? Click here.